Cairns’ first arts-inspired five-star hotel, Bailey, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel, has launched Aspiring Artist, a programme for up-and-coming Australian artists.
The initiative is a comprehensive advocacy arts programme giving eager, would-be artists the opportunity to showcase their talents and have their artworks featured on display and for sale at the hotel’s gallery, with all proceeds going directly to the artist.
The opportunity for Aspiring Artists
Bailey is calling all talented, up-and-coming artists to get involved. The Aspiring Artist programme is not for professional artists, but for artists aspiring to one day become professional and welcomes all forms – from performance art to painting, drawing, sculpture, graffiti and beyond.
For Aspiring Artists:
- Showcase artistic talents and practice art live in Bailey public spaces
- Opening exhibition held at Bailey displaying artwork of the artist
- Artist profiling on Crystalbrook Collection’s website, social media channels, in-room iPads and guest pre-arrival emails
- Finished artwork displayed and available for sale (optional) at the hotel and online (all profits directly to the artist)
- A week-long stay at Bailey, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel
- Daily buffet breakfast for two at CC’s Bar and Grill
Bailey General Manager, Carl Taranto says “Our goal at Bailey is to make art accessible, inclusive and empowering. We’re giving aspiring, undiscovered artists the opportunity to share their artistic talents and have their work seen by thousands of people.”
Bailey and the arts
Situated in the heart of Cairns’ cultural precinct, Bailey is nestled alongside Cairns Performing Arts Centre and The Cairns Art Gallery. Bailey has a strong passion for the arts, design, entertainment and sustainability with an ever-evolving, ever-changing array of professional art on display throughout the hotel.
Find out more or enquire now crystalbrookcollection.com/bailey/aspiring-artist.