This winter, Victoria’s High Country unveils a dream come true for all the oenophiles out there….Beyond Cellar Door, a suite of 10 brand new curated, private and immersive cellar door experiences and tours that showcase the beauty of the High Country, the depth of its wine offering and the skill and passion of the people who create it.
From chauffeured wine-focused getaways staying in stunning boutique accommodation to intimate, winemaker-guided barrel tastings of rare, aged Muscat, these new experiences offer unforgettable journeys through the rich and varied terroir of this spectacular region’s six diverse and exciting wine regions.
Visit Beyond Cellar Door to experience….THE KING VALLEY
- Cento Passi (100 Steps) at Dal Zotto Wines in the King Valley. Be embraced by the warm hospitality of the Dal Zotto family – Otto and Elena and sons Michael and Christian. Take a vineyard and garden tour followed by a four-course lunch with the family at the Trattoria
prepared by chef, Nikki Kennedy, with carefully selected matched estate-grown Italian varietal wines.
- The King Valley Sangiovese Tour, a luxury, chauffeured deep-dive into the science of growing, producing and tasting the much-loved Italian varietal. Behind the scenes lab tour with Chrismont winemaker, Warren Proft, lunch at the spectacular Chrismont restaurant and private cellar door tasting with winemaker, Joel Pizzini.
- All Saints Luxury Immersion, an unforgettable and indulgent two night getaway to the famed Tower at Mount Ophir. The package includes a private Winemaker for a Day experience with All Saints’ Nick Brown, lunch at the Hatted restaurant, The Terrace, dinner at the excellent Thousand Pound in Rutherglen and, in between, transfers in a vintage Rolls Royce Corniche.
- The magic of Muscat deep in the century-old barrel room at Pfeiffer Wines. Taste a range of these luscious drops guided by the maker, and learn the art of blending at this hands-on True Muscat Experience.
- Be guided by passionate Rutherglen winemaker, Ricky James, on an entertaining and informative journey across Old V New World Sangiovese including a sparkling rosé from Champagne, a dry provincial rosé from Provence and a Brunello from Tuscany as well as Ricky’s own James & Co. Sangiovese, Sangiovese rosé and sparkling Sangiovese rosé.
- The elegant premium Durif created by contemporary winemaker, Rowly Milhinch, of Scion. Rowly shares his passion for Rutherglen’s flagship red in this guided Durif Reimagined experience offering a curated wine flight featuring current and museum releases.
THE ALPINE VALLEYS
- Join the Holms of Ringer Reef Winery for a truly special experience in one of the High Country’s most beautiful locations. The Ringer Reef Family Table Experience includes a tour of the vineyard, a guided tasting and a delicious three course lunch with matched wines with two generations of the Holm family.
- The Best of the Alpine Valleys Escape is another sensational getaway experience, in the same stunning neck of the woods. Combining a two night stay at the magnificent Kilnhouse accommodation with a private guided gin tasting and dinner with Hatted chef and distiller, Hamish Nugent at Reed & Co Distillery in Bright, as well as private guided tastings of Billy Button and Mayford Wines with two of the High Country’s most respected and awarded winemakers, Jo Marsh and Eleana Anderson at the magnificent Mayford cellar door perched high on the hill above Porepunkah.
- The Baarmutha Underground Red or White Flight is an authentically local immersive experience with passionate winemaker and amateur historian, Vinny Webb. Vinny’s tour includes pickup and drop off from your accommodation to his rustic cellar door in the famed grape growing hills near Beechworth and a shared platter over a guided tasting of his range.
- The Broken River Wine Tour comes with excellent bragging rights for true wine lovers who enjoy discovering hidden gems. Take a private guided tour of four boutique wineries not usually open to the public, enjoy guided tastings with the makers, vineyard tours and a sit down lunch.
Contact Sue Couttie for more information, images or to discuss famil opportunities. Phone 0419 522 064 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This project has been made possible with support from the Victorian Government’s Wine Growth Fund Round 3.