Asian Pacific Adventures is offering the Kumbh Mela & Jaisalmer Desert Festival from February 14 – March 1, 2019. Witness the Great Kumbh Mela where thousands of pilgrims come to bathe in the holy river. Stay in luxurious tents with butler service on a hill overlooking the Kumbh Mela grounds. Guests will be fortunate enough to also attend the colorful desert festival in Jaisalmer with camel contests, music and dancing. Revel in the shimmering desert sands of this golden city, ride a camel at sunset on the sand dunes and enjoy a jeep safari to a village nearby.
· The Kumbh Mela promises an eternal life free of sins to which millions are drawn to bathe in the holy river.
· Photograph camel contests, visit with the brightly turbaned locals at the colorful Jaisalmer Desert Festival.
· Be welcomed in the home of the Maharaja in the ancient city of Lucknow.
· Enjoy a sunrise boat ride on the Ganges River to see pilgrims at prayer.
· Explore Silver Street in Old Delhi and have dinner at an outstanding Indian fusion restaurant.
Price: from $6500 Per Person, Deluxe Land and Internal Air Package
Trip Details: www.asianpacificadventures.com
About Asian Pacific Adventures
Asian Pacific Adventures was founded in 1986 by photographer, art educator and sinologist Tovya Wager, whose fluency in Mandarin and fascination for China’s minority cultures gave birth to the company. Asian Pacific Adventures is known as a pioneer of cultural travel in Asia. We take our clients on exploratory trips to the remote corners of Asia where you can exchange views with an Iranian scholar, relax in the home studio of a Balinese artist, enjoy a fascinating photo and festival safari through Japan and stay in private homes in India and Japan. Our clients gain invaluable insights into ancient, complex cultures often unknown and inaccessible to westerners.