As the COVID – 19 continues to spread worldwide, we want to ensure the well-being of our loved ones. Beyond the basics of washing our hands frequently, exercising and resting well, it is important to load up on foods that boost your immunity naturally. Here are two flavour-packed, easy to make and immunity-boosting recipes written by our Chinese restaurant chefs at Park Hotel Group to keep us safe from the pesky viruses.
RECIPE 1: Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Minced Ginger in Superior Soya樱花姜茸蒸鲈鱼
Ginger, besides the amazing tangy taste it adds to dishes, works great to help digestion, easing pain and nausea and help fight the flu and common cold. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects makes it a great ingredient to support your natural defences.
Sea bass is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, therefore beneficial for healthy eyes. The omega-3 fatty acid is also a major force in fighting inflammation in the body. It also has a high amount of vitamin D, which can help control your mood and energy level. The Steam Chilean Sea Bass recipe below is prepared by Nicky Ng, Executive Chef of Mitzo, Grand Park Orchard.
Steam Chilean Sea Bass with Minced Ginger in Superior Soya
150g Japanese Pickled Ginger
200-220g Chilean Seabass Fillet
(Wash & pat dry with tissue)
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Appropriate Potato Starch
1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
1 teaspoon Light Soya Sauce
¼ teaspoon Chicken powder
½ teaspoon Sugar
½ teaspoon Dark Soya
To taste Salt
- Chop and mince the Japanese pickled ginger. Heat up oil, then, pour the oil into the ginger mix.
- Mix the ginger with chicken powder. Add a pinch of salt and add sugar, mix and set aside.
- Place some potato starch in a bowl, gently dip the fillet into the bowl then lightly pat off the starch coating.
- Place the fillet onto a dish, put the mixed ginger on top of the fillet and steam for 15 minutes (Steam for a longer period if the fillet is thicker).
- While the fish is steaming, prepare the sauce. Put water into the saucepan and add in fish sauce, light soya sauce, chicken powder, sugar and dark soya sauce over medium heat until the sauce boils up. Remove the sauce from heat.
- Remove the fish from the steamer and pour the sauce onto the fish. Decorate with edible greens and serve.
RECIPE 2: Golden Pumpkin Broth with Seafood and Chicken Bean curd金汤海皇鸡茸白玉
Pumpkin is high in vitamins and minerals while being relatively low in calories. It is a great source of beta-carotene, which helps the body converts into Vitamin A. It is also high in vitamin C, E, iron and folate, which can help boost your immune system. Its high antioxidant content may reduce the risk of chronic disease too.
Bean curd is high in protein, amino acids and a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. The Golden Pumpkin Broth with Seafood and Chicken Bean curd recipe below is prepared by Ng Sen Tio, Head Chef of Yàn Cantonese Restaurant.
Golden Pumpkin Broth with Seafood and Chicken Beancurd
150g Chicken (with bones)
10g Scallop (minced)
10g Prawn (minced)
20g Chicken (minced)
Garnish Goji Berries
wash and set aside
2 thin slices, soak in salt
water and set aside
To taste Chicken powder
To taste Sesame Oil
To taste Salt
To taste Sugar
To taste Pepper
- Prepare the broth: Wash the pork and chicken (with bones). Add water into the pot and boil. Once boiling, add the pork and chicken and continue to boil under low heat. Set aside 200 ml of broth and freeze the remaining broth to use next time.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into small chunks. Steam for 20 minutes until soft, mash into purée and set aside.
- Prepare the Seafood and Chicken Paste Bean curd. Add bean curd, minced chicken, scallop and prawn into a bowl. Use hands to mix them evenly, then, add in all the seasoning and mix well.
- Prepare a cling wrap. Using a spoon, scoop an appropriateamount of the bean curd mixture and put it on the cling wrap. Rub the bean curd mixture into the size of a golf ball and tie it tightly with the cling wrap.
- Steam the bean curd mixture for 15 minutes, until cooked. Remove from the clingwrap and put it in the centre of a bowl. Set aside.
- Boil the broth under high heat and add the pumpkin purée. Evenly stir it to make a golden broth.
- Pour the golden broth onto the bean curd. Add some goji berries and two slices of asparagus on top and the dish is ready to be served.